Problem: ABP context menu items hidden

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
ariel

Problem: ABP context menu items hidden

Post by ariel »

I think I found some problem with the ABP's context menu items (Adblock Frame, Adblock Link, Adblock Object, and Adblock Image).

They are not always there.
I'm not sure it there visibility is conditioned but its surly not consistent.

I use Fx 2.0.0.1 and Adblock Plus 0.7.2.3+.2006122215.

To validate my findings I installed ABP on a new clean profile (only DOMi and Talkback).

I couldn't find any consistency in this behavior but in general this is what I found.

Open Fx with 3 tabs. the first 2 display the some site. The third is empty (about: blank).
Right click on the second tab and see the four ABP menu items. Go to first tab, Right click and the four ABP menu items are there. Go to the third tab, right click the empty page and the menu items are gone.

Sometimes they disappeared before the third tab, sometimes just by switching to the first tab, sometimes just by switching to any other tab. And sometimes it takes more right clicking and tab switching to make them go away.

I even tried to outsmart them. I used DOMi to delete the hidden property from one of the menu items. A couple more of right clicking and tab switching and it is gone again.
aRIEL
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Wait, you see all the four context menu items at once? Then that is the bug here (actually bug 15529).
ariel

Post by ariel »

I thought there were something strange about it but I ignored it because I did not see any menuitem when there was supposed to be one.
Right click on images or links do not display a corresponding ABP menuitem in the context menu.

But I think I got something else that can help.
When I right click on an image or link I get this error.

Code: Select all

abp.policy.shouldCheckLinks is not a function
chrome://adblockplus/content/overlay.js
Line: 899
aRIEL
hello5959us

Same

Post by hello5959us »

I have the problem with all 4 options at once with the same error from the Error Console. FF 2.0.0.1 Adblock Plus 0.7.2.3+200612215
Wladimir Palant

@ariel: Argh! Yes, I see this bug but no time to fix it today - tomorrow.
Wladimir Palant

http://adblockplus.org/development-buil ... inks-fixed - this development build should fix it.
ariel

Post by ariel »

Looks good!
For all four.
Thanks Wladimir.

Only one puzzle.
The Adblock Link menuitem doesn't appear for all links. Should he?
aRIEL
Wladimir Palant

No, it should only appear for links on images - links cannot be blocked by themselves, it is always the images that are blocked.
ariel

Post by ariel »

I see.
Thanks again and have a great 2007.
aRIEL