Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
chrome

Re: Image Zoom Not working on Advanceauto.com

Post by chrome »

maybe adding html5test.com ?
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Why should we? We are talking about this issue: en/known-issues-chrome#dynamicimages. From what I can tell, html5test.com isn't affected.
Michael

Post by Michael »

We are far from affiliating with illegal websites. The references to the domains are extremely unlikely to be seen by the user, especially true when hardcoded into the extension itself. Few will therefore notice the "affiliated links", leaving us far from promoting copyright infringement. The list should instead be seen as a factual representation of domains on which Adblock Plus for Chrome requires special handling. Furthermore, merely visiting the website does not, as far as I am aware, result in copyright infringement, only the downloading of files. Acknowledging issues with Adblock Plus for Chrome on such domains does not require the files to be downloaded, only the website to be visited, something which is not intrinsically illegal.

I should add that, despite the above, I don't download copyrighted material unlawfully nor visit the websites in question - I get more pleasure out of using generously licensed software or using legal sources of media content. I also don't condone the illegal downloading of files. But I don't see any reason why Adblock Plus for Chrome should not acknowledge the technical difficulties on the websites in question once they have been reported.
chrome

Post by chrome »

Off-topic removed
Last edited by chrome on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There are enough threads on that topic, no need to spam an unrelated one
Wladimir Palant

Oh, well...

@Mutantovich: I added bestrepack.net to the list: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplusc ... cc1f8fae13. There will be a new release soon.

@Noodles: kaztorka.org has been down for the past few days, I cannot check whether it is the same issue.
Wladimir Palant

Added: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplusc ... ba416036df (will be in the development builds shortly)

All of them use the same zoom script (Highslide JS), maybe I can add some detection for it...