Conflicts with FoxyProxy 2.13

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
KM

Post by KM »

Using the following combination, portions of ABP functionality are disabled, including right-click contextual menu option and some filtering. Once FoxyProxy is disabled, ABP functionality returns to normal.

ABP 1.1
FoxyProxy 2.13
FF 3.0.11
binzi81

Post by binzi81 »

same for me. ABP not working at all with FoxyProxy activated.

ABP 1.1
FoxyProxy 2.13
FF 3.0.11
stuggitown

Post by stuggitown »

We have the same problem here.

SBP functionality seems to be disabled when FoxyProxy is active. With FoxyProxy disabled ABP works fine. This happened after the new update:

ABP 1.1
FoxyProxy 2.13
FF 3.5
stuggitown

Post by stuggitown »

I also double checked. With the old ABP version 1.0.2 it also works. So only ABP 1.1 and FoxProxy are conflicting.

Is there a way to resolve this issue?
adblocker09

same problem here BUT...

Post by adblocker09 »

I could resolve the issue by deactivating FoxyProxy restarting FF, activating FoxyProxy and..wonderwhy...suprise adblocking worked again :D
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

This doesn't happen for me, I guess you need to configure something in FoxyProxy to see this issue?
stuggitown

Post by stuggitown »

@adblocker09
Disabling and Enabling FoxyProxy didn't resolve it for me. Only downgrading ABP to 1.0.2 helps me.

Still wondering what's different between 1.0.2 and 1.1?
monkiibiz

Post by monkiibiz »

Same problem here - after upgrading FoxyProxy to 2.13, ABP 1.1 no longer works...
dgcom

Post by dgcom »

I've noticed that AdBlockPlus is broken after upgrading whole set of add-ons today - I read Slashdot via Google Reader and suddenly AdBlockPlus failed to collapse empty space where ad was blocked - this was working perfectly before.

After struggling with ABP custom filters (they did not work as expected), I found this thread.

Indeed, if I select "Completely Disable FoxyProxy" and restart FF, ABP will work normally until next restart, and if FoxyProxy is re-enabled, next session will be broken again.

I went back as far as FoxyProxy 2.8.14 - none of those were compatible with ABP 1.1 - only downgrading to ABP 1.02 fixes the issue.

Would be great if the problem can be fixed!

Thank you.
edivad

Post by edivad »

Same here.

ABP 1.1
FoxyProxy 2.13
FF 3.0.11

the solution has been fixed reverting ABP to the 1.0.2
Fai

Post by Fai »

I have got similar problem and a workaround.

If start Firefox with FoxyProxy->Use Proxy, then ABP does not work (no blockable items).

If start Firefox with FoxyProxy->Use Default for all URL, then ABP works again. At this point, I can change FoxyProxy->Use Proxy (using tray icon) and use both addons without problem.

ABP 1.1
FoxyProxy 2.13
FF 3.5.1
Wladimir Palant

I have the same configuration as Fai, configured a proxy for FoxyProxy and selected it as the proxy to be used for all URLs. Still, I don't see any issue, and without that I cannot fix anything :-(
Philip

Post by Philip »

Hello!

I've configured 3 proxies in foxyproxy.
The first is pointing to a proxy server, the second is loading a pac file and the third is default with no proxy server.
Only if the second is active ADP 1.1 is not working. With APD 1.0.2 there are no problems.

ABP 1.1
FoxyProxy 2.13
FF 3.0.13

Bye, Philip
onno

Post by onno »

confirmed.
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on a clean profile (with just abp and foxyfroxy) until i defined the proxy thru a pac-file.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.13) Gecko/2009080315 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.13
ABP 1.1
FoxyProxy 2.13
Wladimir Palant

Ah, with a PAC file I can finally see this problem! Great, will check what goes wrong here.