Full screen in SP flashplayer

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Guest1337

Full screen in SP flashplayer

Post by Guest1337 »

When I watch a South Park episode in www-southparkstudios.com, Adblock Plus works perfectly only thing is I cant watch the episode in full screen by klicking on "View Full Screen". Is there a way to "fix" this?
And btw im using the "EasyList USA".
rick752

Post by rick752 »

I'm not having any problem with the EasyList. It doesn't seem to be the kind of full screen that I'm use to though .... not really a fullscreen. It seems to be the same whether ABP is enabled or not.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Confirmed. That's being caused by "Show tabs on Flash and Java" option somehow, if you disable this option full screen works.
rick752

Post by rick752 »

Ah, then that's probably why I don't see it ... I don't use that option. I never gave that a thought.
Wladimir Palant

Ok, so the movie doesn't like it that a node is inserted in front of it - but inserting after the movie is fine. Well, I can do that...
Wladimir Palant

Fixed: http://hg.mozdev.org/adblockplus/rev/bc2bf446a5cc (will be in Adblock Plus 1.0.1)

As a nice side-effect, we no longer break one of the Acid 3 tests. I wonder whether a similar Flash issue on Mac is fixed as well (long-standing "known issue").
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

Wladimir Palant wrote:As a nice side-effect, we no longer break one of the Acid 3 tests. I wonder whether a similar Flash issue on Mac is fixed as well (long-standing "known issue").
Nice :)
Wladimir Palant

I finally got it - the Flash movie is fine, object tabs only broke the JavaScript code that attaches to it and handles the fullscreen button. And it is the same issue as with the Acid3 test, the JavaScript code expects the Flash movie to be the first child but the object tab becomes the first child. Heh...

Ok, at least the way it is done now we should break fewer sites. But I still hope there is a way to make the object tab entirely invisible to the website.