Donate money without creating a PayPayl account

Discussion on adblockplus.org website and translations

Donate money without creating a PayPayl account

Post by . »

I'd like to make a donation, but it seems that the only way I can do so is by creating a PayPal account.
I don't have a PayPal account, and do not want to create one - is there some way other way of making a donation (from Australia)?
I know that some other sites allow payments via PayPal using a credit card, but they are done as one-off payments and do not require creating a PayPal account. (Wikipedia, for example allows this.) Perhaps you should consider allowing non-PayPal members to donate also.

Re: Donate money without creating a PayPayl account

Post by .. »

I wanted to write exactly the same comment :)
Same problem here (in Germany). I have the feeling paypal deactivated the "pay once without creating an account" function. Some days ago I had the same problem with an onlineshop. Can anyone confirm this?

offtopic: I love the element-hiding extension: To be able to choose what I see.. especially e-mail providers with their super annoying vip, pseudo-science and cute-animal "NEWS" look so beautiful when I'm done and suddenly there's just what I came for: a login! :) ->so let us say thank you by a donation..
solewind

Post by solewind »

Have you try one time payment? I have no problem donating without Paypal account. A week ago I still can use the one-time payment via Paypal. Paypal charged my credit card without creating any account at all.
screwed-by-paypal

Post by screwed-by-paypal »

Would love to donate to this wonderful effort, but paypal has screwed us so many times that our SA blocks them
by URI and ip address. Please provide an alternative. Thank you.
frustrated donor

Post by frustrated donor »

Also, I'd really like to be able to set up a recurring monthly donation of $5, but your current PayPal interface only allows one-off donations.
Jetse

Post by Jetse »

I've tried, several times now, to contribute to the AdBlock Crowdfunding: ;

The crowdfunding site refuses, repeatedly, to take my credit card. I am Dutch, so this is a VISA credit card from The Netherlands.

What gives? You don't want my money?

--Jetse
mapx

Post by mapx »

you are speaking about another extension