Deobfuscator multiplies in menu

The forum for all discussion related to JavaScript Deobfuscator extension. It might not be as busy as the other forums but don't hesitate to come in and ask your question.
Arne

Deobfuscator multiplies in menu

Post by Arne »

Every time I look at the Web Developer menu in Firefox 10.0, there's an additional JavaScript Deobfuscator entry there.

This is with a fresh Firefox profile with Deobfuscator as the only installed extension, on Mac OS 10.6.8.
Wladimir Palant

Re: Deobfuscator multiplies in menu

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Interesting... Sounds like one of those Mac-only issues that I cannot reproduce without having a Mac. Deobfuscator usually removes this menu item when the menu is closed - but the menu handling on Mac is very "special" and something might be failing here.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Actually, this also happens with an older Firefox (9.0.1), with the latest Deobfuscator version.
Wladimir Palant

I would be surprised if it didn't. The menu handling in Firefox/Mac didn't change much in the last few years.
Wladimir Palant

According to the source code, the menu on Mac should handle removals of menu items correctly. It should also fire the "popuphiding" event as expected. Which rules out the two suspicions I had. This is unfortunately as far as I can get without reproducing the problem :-(
Wladimir Palant

Never mind, I reproduced it - the important part was leaving the Tools menu open.
Wladimir Palant

JavaScript Deobfuscator 1.6.3 has been released. It might take a while until Mozilla approves this update, until then it can be installed from https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/javasc ... /versions/.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Thanks you!