Changing filters breaks execution counter

The forum for all discussion related to JavaScript Deobfuscator extension. It might not be as busy as the other forums but don't hesitate to come in and ask your question.
SD-DAken

Changing filters breaks execution counter

Post by SD-DAken »

I noticed that this issue is also reproducible with the following steps:

1. Open a blank tab
2. Open JavaScript Deobfuscator
3. Type

Code: Select all

javascript:document.write('<script>function foo() {document.write("text")} window.setInterval(foo, 1000);</script>')
into the location bar
4. [enter]
5. add "about:blank" to the scripts to exclude

Is this also fixed?
When will a new version of JavaScript Deobfuscator be released?
Wladimir Palant

Re: "Exclude" doesn't work

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Not sure what you are complaining about. Filter changes don't work "after the fact" - if you change filters it won't have any effect on scripts already shown. Otherwise it would be necessary to save all scripts without exception - who knows, they might need to be shown later if you change filters. That would degrade performance, memory use would suffer as well.
SD-DAken

Post by SD-DAken »

That's not what I meant.
It's fine if filter changes don't affect scripts already shown.

(Of course it would be nice if you could change filters to show/hide all scripts compiled/executed since the extension was opened, but capturing all scripts would be problematic. Especially capturing of all internal scripts (chrome:// etc.) has the potential to freeze Firefox.)

Besides this way you can "stop" capturing events from one site (by adding it to the exclusions) and you are still able to keep the captured scripts in the list.
(Pause capturing stops capturing on all sites which can be an advantage, but sometimes you just want to stop capturing on one site. In this case the exclusion list is more useful.)

What I meant was, that changing of the exclusion list can trigger the bug mentioned in forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4103
Result:
* "Number of calls" keeps increasing
* "Average execution time" goes crazy

Expected result:
* Both values should not change (i.e. stay at the value displayed when pressing pause)
I just wanted to know if this case is also already fixed or not. I would test myself but apparently there is no released JavaScript Deobfuscator version which includes http://hg.mozdev.org/adblockplus/rev/fb8a2cbb07e4 ...
Wladimir Palant

Re: "Exclude" doesn't work

Ah, I see now... Apparently, splitting that question up was a mistake on my side.

There are development builds under devbuilds/jsdeobfuscator/. From what I can tell, this bug is fixed as well.
Wladimir Palant

JS Deobfuscator 1.5.5 available

JavaScript Deobfuscator 1.5.5 is now available on addons.mozilla.org. However, it didn't get approved yet - meaning that you have to go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/10345 and accept installing an "experimental version".