Brainstormed solutions to websites disallowing Adblocker.

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Engie Boy 6000

Brainstormed solutions to websites disallowing Adblocker.

Post by Engie Boy 6000 »

[/b]Okay, solution;

if the website Adblock Plus is trying to block detects that it has a url that has the same start of a blacklisted anti-adblocker list of urls, then it would (A): open a page with the adblocker disabled, and then have it use a different method. (B): It automatically takes a url from a website that keeps previous versions of websites, such a the Wayback machine, where it didn't have the filter enabled. Or (C): It automatically takes the raw data of it and finds what the website's detection system for adblockers and deletes/disables the code for it, maybe in inspect element. How it might find it automatically is left up to theory.[/b]

PLEASE correct me on terms I've made that are incorrect, ideas that could be only considered wrong, weird badly done humor, etc. (a copy/paste).
oreforef

Re: Brainstormed solutions to websites disallowing Adblocker.

Post by oreforef »

I am just a regular user.

My observations and technique around websites that detect Adblock is to disable Adblock, refresh, wait for some of the site to load, maybe 5-7 seconds, and re-enable Adblock. Some ads get through, but their automatic refresh seems to be blocked. The website goes through the initial detection of an adblocker, doesn't see one and allows the page to continue loading.

So perhaps a setting for a time delay of x-amount of seconds before loading a website. Maybe a list of websites to delay activation stored locally on each machine for specific websites.

Jim
olivia-33

Re: Brainstormed solutions to websites disallowing Adblocker.

Post by olivia-33 »

Yup, that's what I've been doing and it works most of the time