YouTube ads still playing and “Congratulations!” Pop ups

Everything about using Adblock Plus on iOS
Theroux

YouTube ads still playing and “Congratulations!” Pop ups

Post by Theroux »

So I have adblockplus enabled in my settings, nothing whitelisted, and yet some YouTube channels (Adult Swim is a notable one) still play ads. I can refresh and sometimes not get the ad, but I’ve refreshed some video pages a dozen times only for the same 30 second ad to play at the start, to which I just try a different video. This has happened on channels with fewer subscribers, but it definitely seems more prone to happen on channels with more subs.

I’ve also been getting countless ‘Congratulations Amazon User!” Pop ups when viewing specific webpages at times, like TvTropes and Wikia. It is absurdly annoying having to deal with these which appear indefinitely every ~60 seconds, and I cannot go back. I have to close the message and then go to my page history.

ABP should be handling these childish nuisances, like they did for years beforehand.

The only possible explanation I could give is my phone being too old (IPhone 5S). I don’t have the latest software, but I’m pretty sure these issues still persisted when I did.
Theroux

Re: YouTube ads still playing and “Congratulations!” Pop ups

Post by Theroux »

Ok really? No response in two weeks?

Is this entire forum just useless then? I’ve seen all the other threads here. and they have thousands of views with no responses. What good is this forum if no one is actively able to help?