Weird adblock icon on Mac. Is it a virus?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on iOS
taylormc

Weird adblock icon on Mac. Is it a virus?

Post by taylormc »

Hi

I have just noticed an incredibly weird icon in my mac application screen when you press the F4 button. It's labelled adblock plus, but does nothing when I open it, does not appear in my applications folder and cannot be deleted. I am therefore worried, and you will understand when you see the picture below. Sorry for the bad wording, I'm about to go to bed and extremely tired. Many thanks for anyone's help.

https://pasteboard.co/GV3mEX7.png
mapx

Re: Weird adblock icon on Mac. Is it a virus?

Post by mapx »

mac or iphone ? iOS or mac osx system ?

Why did you report in this iOS subforum Adblock Plus for iOS support ?
taylormc

Post by taylormc »

mapx wrote:mac or iphone ? iOS or mac osx system ?

Why did you report in this iOS subforum Adblock Plus for iOS support ?
I stated mac. I made my account minutes before I posted. I've never used this forum before and wasn't sure where else to post, apologies if it's in the wrong place.
mapx

Post by mapx »

It's about safari ? other browser ? what version is your ABP ? your browser's version ?
taylormc

Post by taylormc »

mapx wrote:It's about safari ? other browser ? what version is your ABP ? your browser's version ?
none of that has anything to do with my question at all. i'm asking you to look at the picture i posted because i don't know what it is and i am unable to delete it. have you even looked at it? because you must know from looking at it that it is nothing to do with the browser.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Just answer my questions if you want to be helped.
First of all I try to identify what ABP have you installed given you posted in a totally wrong forum.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

To my understanding, there is no standalone ABP app for Mac, so it probably is malware.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
taylormc

Post by taylormc »

mapx wrote:Just answer my questions if you want to be helped.
First of all I try to identify what ABP have you installed given you posted in a totally wrong forum.
i want to be helped but they were all irrelevant questions. it's not on a browser as i already stated that it's under my applications folder, and it's not a version of ABP because as far as i can tell it's not actually ABP by the state of that icon. looking at the screenshot i showed you, you would know it's not ABP. but it's 1.13.4 installed on chrome that i have.
taylormc

Post by taylormc »

lewisje wrote:To my understanding, there is no standalone ABP app for Mac, so it probably is malware.
thank you for the opinion :D