I don't care about cookies

Everything about using Adblock Plus on iOS
mreg

I don't care about cookies

Post by mreg »

Hi!

As you may know already, in firefox for windows we can add the "I don't care about cookies" as a filter list to ABP, and cookie warnings will be filtered out.

https://www.kiboke-studio.hr/i-dont-care-about-cookies/
abp:subscribe?location=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kiboke-studio.hr%2Fi-dont-care-about-cookies/abp/&title=I%20don%27t%20care%20about%20cookies

In ABP for iOS it looks like there is no way to add filter lists. May I ask the developers of ABP for iOS to either add such a feature, or automatically subscribe to Daniel's cookie list and just create a button in optins to enable it. by default it should be enabled, but whoever wants cookie warning could disable the option.

Thanks!
mreg
:D
rach

Re: I don't care about cookies

Post by rach »

Hey mreg,

Thanks for reaching out to us.
Our plug in for desktop works different than the ones for mobile.
Unfortunately you can't add custom filters for mobile yet, but we are on it and hope to have it implemented in the near future.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
Victoriategg9520

Post by Victoriategg9520 »

Get rid of annoying cookie warnings from almost all "infected" websites!
chichi
ABP Technical Support Analyst

Post by chichi »

Hi,

Are you referring to the desktop or mobile versions? For ABP on your desktop, you can add the "I don't care about cookies" filter list as this helps to remove these cookie notices across multiple websites.

Regards,
Chichi
ABP Support Team
Newt

Post by Newt »

After the GDPR law all website owners have to get user-consent for using cookies. The wordpress plugins like EU cookie law plugin are usually used to show a POPUP, where the user either
a) agrees
or
b) denies to cookies.

Now my question is - if the user clicks “Deny cookies” -> does it ACTUALLY deactivate all cookies from the particular website?

I tried to check which cookies are used via the browser’s cookie list, and saw that there are still 3–5 cookies used. So, maybe you guys can provide some clarity.

Maybe someone pinpoint me to the exact CODE of the plugin which deactivates all cookies on the user’s computer ?

Thanks everybody