64-bit iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular Unable to Install ABP

Everything about using Adblock Browser on iOS
potterjazz

64-bit iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular Unable to Install ABP

Post by potterjazz »

I have an iPad Mini (Model #MD536LL/A) and according to Apple, it is a 64-bit device. I have the latest iOS version (9.3 [13E233]), but I am unable to download Adblock Plus. I get the "...is not available for this device" message. What is the problem? I have looked on this forum and the explanation elsewhere here was that you need a 64-bit device. But that is what I have. Help please! Safari on this iPad Mini regularly has to reload pages because of the excessive quantity of advertisements that take forever to load (the iPad Mini 4 has notoriously poor WiFi, but that's another matter). I don't want to switch browsers because I have many favorites on my version of Safari and don't want to reload them on a new browser (the Adblock Plus Browser does work on my iPad mini).

All help is appreciaetd.
rach

Re: 64-bit iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular Unable to Install ABP

Post by rach »

Hey potterjazz!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
Where did you read from Apple where your device is 64-bit?
The exact model you stated, your iPad Mini has a 'powerful A5 chip'. According to the Wikipedia - the A5 chip is only 32 bit - See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A5
Let us know in case you have any other question. :)
lewisje

Re: 64-bit iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular Unable to Install ABP

Post by lewisje »

Worse than that, there's no way to have the App Store show an app only to 64-bit devices, even if the app itself only works on 64-bit devices.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.