IOS Browser Feature Requests

Everything about using Adblock Browser on iOS
caribefatboy

IOS Browser Feature Requests

Post by caribefatboy »

I am absolutely loving the new Adblock for IOS browser, but I am sorely missing a few features, namely toolbar links for faves and history. Seems like it would be fairly simple to add two icons to the tray at the bottom?
p_hill

Re: IOS Browser Feature Requests

Post by p_hill »

Hello and thanks a lot for your message. Since we get similar requests quite frequently, it is likely that we will add those features in a future release.
ablocker

Post by ablocker »

i also have feature requests - several.

it is a standard in ios (on the iphone and the ipad) that swiping with a finger from left to right takes you back. in safari, in imessage, in whatsapp, in almost any app. but not in adblock browser for ios - this is so intuitive it has become a MUST, otherwise i will stop using it!

furthermore it should be possible to disable history (i know it can be deleted but what i want is that it is never even created), there should be a "home" button (that takes you to the dashboard) or at least a possibility to delete/close even the last tab to get back to the dashboard. currently getting to the dashboard is too complicated.

last but not least a dark colour scheme would be nice (wouldn't it reduce battery consumption further?), it could be linked to a "private" mode just like with safari.
p_hill

Post by p_hill »

Hi and thanks for your message! We added all your feedback to our list of features which we evaluate to integrate in future releases. Everything that we already work on will be listed here: https://issues.adblockplus.org/report/51

Best regards,

Philip
FrankT

Post by FrankT »

One more request... The ability to set a home page. (If that function is there now, I don't know how to use it. :) )
p_hill

Post by p_hill »

I added "setting a home page" to our list of features to be taken into account for future releases. Thanks for your submission!
privateIndividual

Post by privateIndividual »

p_hill wrote:Hi and thanks for your message! We added all your feedback to our list of features which we evaluate to integrate in future releases. Everything that we already work on will be listed here: https://issues.adblockplus.org/report/51

Best regards,

Philip
I looked at the list of current and closed issue titles and didn't see:
- Provide cookie choices like safari (or better yet Firefox)
I'm talking about blocking third party cookies and retaining first party cookies only for the session.
As it stands, I have much reduced privacy using this browser. And in my experience no tracking block list is complete.

- Provide private mode (So I don't have to open safari separately)

Thanks for the great work so far!
rach

Post by rach »

Hey privateIndividual !

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding your suggestions:
-Related to the cookies: we have added that to our list of improvements.
-The feature of privacy mode will be added soon: https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/3408

Let us know if you have any other thoughts.

All the best,
vbqs

Post by vbqs »

edit / delete bookmarks ideally without restrictions.
rach

Post by rach »

Hey vbqs!

Thanks for your input.
You can delete / edit bookmarks already.
Could you give us more details about the restrictions you are referring to?