Browser Crashes

Everything about using Adblock Browser on iOS
Marinesct

Browser Crashes

Post by Marinesct »

After installing the Adblock Browser, I wanted to start using it with some of my popular bookmarks from the Safari app. The only way I found to bring them over was through visiting the page and sharing with Adblock.

Sharing the first bookmark worked okay. However, any subsequent sharing was too much to handle, because I wouldn't see the confirmation of the bookmark being shared. After switching between the browsers to make sure the notification wasn't hidden from view (like a popup), it would display, but after confirming, Adblock Browser would crash.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Safari and visit a popular website.
2. Press the Share icon and select Adblock Browser
3. Confirm Open
4. Bookmark
5. Switch back to Safari
6. Find another website and repeat steps 2-4

I also just tried to reproduce the problem, but the only issue was the confirmation. I'm not sure if the Open confirmation is an Apple bug or not. My import attempt was also last night shortly after I installed the browser.
p_hill

Re: Browser Crashes

Post by p_hill »

Hi. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce a crash of Adblock Browser with the steps you provided. I noticed that the sharing extension's confirmation popup doesn't show up unless switching away and back to Safari when doing multiple sharing attempts in a row however. To get closer to what happened on your end, could you please let me know which device and which iOS version you used?
Alisson1111111

Re: Browser Crashes

Post by Alisson1111111 »

The similar problem with iOs 11.0.4.