ABP not working Android 9

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
MarkG

ABP not working Android 9

Post by MarkG »

Hello, I have an LG V35. I downloaded ABP+ for Android and got a message the app was made for an earlier version of Android and may not work properly.
I fiddled with network settings and finally got it to accept the proper changes, but ABP slowed my phone down to useless, blocked only a few ads, and generallly created heartbreak. I cannot find a version of ABP for Android Pie.

I've deleted the app and reset my network settings, but I really want to get ABP to work. I've no problem with it on my Win10 computer.

TIA
chichi
ABP Technical Support Analyst

Re: ABP not working Android 9

Post by chichi »

Hi,

It looks like you downloaded the Android proxy app. Unfortunately, this app has been discontinued. Would you mind trying out our Adblock Browser? Ads are automatically blocked on websites while using the browser. You can download this by going to https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... us.browser

Regards,
Chichi
MarkG

Post by MarkG »

Thanks for the reply, Chichi, but since I primarily use apps from the Play Store I don't see how the browser will help. Am I wrong?
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Thanks for sharing this information.
MarkG

Post by MarkG »

Okay, I've installed ABP browser, and yep, it works great, but how can I import my bookmarks and/or extensions from Chrome? If not from Chrome, another like FF or Edge? I could port the Chrome bookmarks to one of them and import, if that's the only way to do it?

TIA