PDF Files Won't Open

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
not-a-number

PDF Files Won't Open

Post by not-a-number »

In Chrome Browser, when I tapped on a webpage link for a PDF file, I got a brief message that the download had started and a dialog asking me to choose to open the file with either Chrome of Adobe Acrobat Reader. After choosing, the file then opened. Doing the same thing in the Adblock Browser, I get the brief download message, then nothing else. I don't get the dialog, and the file doesn't open. The only way for me to view the file is to manually open the Adobe Acrobat Reader app, find the file that has been downloaded in the Local tab, and tap it. So, the file is downloading, but it's not auto opening. Anyone know what could be stopping the dialog and/or the file from auto opening?
mapx

Re: PDF Files Won't Open

Post by mapx »

adblock browser is firefox based.
see
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/976281
not-a-number

Post by not-a-number »

Thanks. That makes it difficult to use PDF files. :(
not-a-number

Post by not-a-number »

I just found a slightly shorter way to view the PDF files. After downloading the file, tap the browser menu in upper right. Then Tools>Downloads. Tap the file from the list. Answer the question about which viewer to use and whether you want to use this viewer always. You will then view the PDF file. If you choose "Always," you will not be asked again, shortening the process from then on by that much. This is not as good as it used to be, but it's better than having to manually bring up Adobe Acrobat.
not-a-number

Post by not-a-number »

After downloading the Cloud Viewer add-on, I get a message that it couldn't be installed because it is incompatible with Adblock Browser. Thanks anyway.
22organic

Post by 22organic »

I found this problem seem and it's help me. Thank you very much!! :D
shepPettibone

Post by shepPettibone »

It happens the same to me with all the pdf files downloaded with Adblock Browser, it blocks them someway so they are actually on my hard drive yet I can't open them with Adobe Reader nor Edge browser viewer. But I do can open them inside the browser using some pdf viewing tools like this ds11 pdffiller com and else, yet all of them are paid ones. Furthermore, there's no such an issue when doing so with Chrome browser