Feature suggestion - allow pass-through for certain domains

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
Express7496

Feature suggestion - allow pass-through for certain domains

Post by Express7496 »

My use case:

Using the Adblock browser as the default browser on Android (Google Pixel 6 Pro running Android 13), I get some links that ABP can't handle, for instance, my mobile provider sends me authentication SMS with a link like "https://auth.vodafone.com.au/i/c1nWDmeJ5cOtVhw07A7V2" which then redirects to a "local://..." link which is supposed to be opened by their Android app and ABP just can't handle it and gives me an error page about the unrecognised URL schema.

Suggestion: make it possible to add a filter action to ABP which says "if this filter matches, forward the link to app ..."

Inspiration: On my MacOS laptop, I have an app called "Choosy" which achieves something like this. I set it to be my "default browser" and it picks which other browser and browser profile to open an incoming URL with based on the app it came from, the domains or other parameters.

Is this possible to do the same with ABP? Does anyone have another way to make it work already?

For now, after a few months of this annoyance, I finally gave up and switched back to Chrome as my default browser on Android.

Thanks.