hide an element on a specific page URL

Various discussions related to filter list maintenance

Moderator: njones

baptx

hide an element on a specific page URL

Post by baptx »

Hello,

Any idea why a custom filter like example.com/*/partOfURL/*##.someClass does not work?
How can we hide an element using a simple regular expression like this on the URL?
A filter like example.com/path##.someClass does not even work but example.com##.someClass works.

I could do it with Greasemonkey addon using JavaScript but an easier solution would be better.

PS: can you to disable the restriction "Information: Sorry, we don't like spammers here." when we want to post with our regular VPN? I am not a spammer so this information seems offending. A captcha or email confirmation could block spammers and prevent this censorship.

Thanks.
mapx

Re: hide an element on a specific page URL

Post by mapx »

en/filters#elemhide_domains
Note: Due to the way how element hiding is implemented, you really can only limit it to full domain names. You cannot use any other part of the address and you cannot use domain as a replacement for domain.example,domain.test.
Provide the real example, what do you want to hide (only on some specific page !?)
baptx

Post by baptx »

@mapx Thanks for your reply, so it is not possible with an addon like AdBlockPlus and I guess I will have to use Greasemonkey if I want to hide an element on a specific page URL.
I don't have an example to share since it was a private page but using a simple filter like example.com##.someClass was not enough in my case because the element was hidden on every page and I wanted it hidden on one page only. I also checked if the page could be hidden with a distinct selector but I did not find one.
Do you think the feature to hide an element on a specific page URL could be added in a future version? I am not the first one interested in this feature (https://superuser.com/questions/1272205 ... block-plus).
mapx

Post by mapx »

Did you also try the extended hiding filters ? (looking for something specific on that page)
en/filters#elemhide-emulation
baptx

Post by baptx »

@mapx I checked this but it looks like sometimes the only way to hide an element on a specific page is to have a filter based on the URL.
Bhondawe30

Post by Bhondawe30 »

Thanks for sharing the helpful link.