Windows Chrome JSON configuration file location

Place to exchange experience about rolling out Adblock Plus to many computers, preconfiguring the extension etc.
Hamsterman

Windows Chrome JSON configuration file location

Post by Hamsterman »

I am trying to build a JSON configuration file for the settings in ABP.
But it seems I can only find information about where to put in Linux and not Windows.

Could anyone direct me to the right place.
J.Paredes

Re: Windows Chrome JSON configuration file location

Post by J.Paredes »

Hi there,

That's because the large scale deployment works a little different with Windows.
If you're looking to deploy a configuration file/settings via Chrome you have two options.

1) You can use the Google Admin Console: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/6177447
This is still untested from our side, so we are happy for any feedback shared in the process!

2) You can change configurations via policies:
On Windows instances that are joined to an Active Directory domain, you should be able to configure policies here:
[HKLM\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\3rdparty\extensions\cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb\policy]

For Chromium the path differs:
[HKLM\Software\Policies\Chromium\3rdparty\extensions\cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb\policy]

You can find more information on how to configure extensions via policy, here: https://www.chromium.org/administrators ... extensions

Cheers,
Jessy
Hamsterman

Post by Hamsterman »

Thanks for the reply

I found that page as well but there are virtual no documentation on how it's done.
I need a reference so I can change all the settings. Right now it seems like a guessing game and I am not winning.
Hamsterman

Post by Hamsterman »

*bump*
LindaMond

Post by LindaMond »

I am also interested in this question, about why scale deployment different with Window?