Chrome ABP Extension - Disable Options item on menu

Place to exchange experience about rolling out Adblock Plus to many computers, preconfiguring the extension etc.
Netviz

Chrome ABP Extension - Disable Options item on menu

Post by Netviz »

I've been tasked with adding the Google Chrome application into our corporate build and have decided to include the ABP extension as part of the installation.
I've configured the Chrome GPO to force install the extension, using the Computer Configuration > Admin Templates > Google > Google Chrome > Extensions > Configure the list of force-installed apps and extensions > cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb;https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx policy.
I've configure the first run screen to not be displayed using the HKLM\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\3rdparty\Extensions\cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb\policy\suppress_first_run_page = 1 (dword) registry setting.
What I'm trying to do is disable the ability of an end-user to access the Options item when clicking on the extension icon, ensuring that they don't deselect any options and if possible automatically show the icon under the Google menu and not on the toolbar.

Any help would be fantastic :)

PS I've managed to block access to the options menu, by blocking the URL via GPO, but would prefer to do this via the registry.