Chrome Extension Configuration File? [Google Apps For Work]

Place to exchange experience about rolling out Adblock Plus to many computers, preconfiguring the extension etc.
TigerC10

Chrome Extension Configuration File? [Google Apps For Work]

Post by TigerC10 »

Google Apps For Work allows me to force installation of the AdBlock Plus extension for Chrome for all of the users in my domain, but in the settings for doing so there exists an area to upload a configuration file.

I see absolutely NO documentation on the format of that config file, and what that file can configure (like, for example, can it configure a whitelist of domains to allow ads on?). Does anybody know anything about how this is supposed to work?

mapx

Re: Chrome Extension Configuration File? [Google Apps For Work]

Post by mapx »

You could ask for help directly on irc channel of ABP team:
http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.mozilla.o ... dblockplus

read also the threads in this subforum (where I moved your post)
forum/viewforum.php?f=21
TigerC10

Post by TigerC10 »

Thanks to Greiner in the IRC I've learned about the options: preferences#preferences_for_administrators

Now I just need to figure out what file format this thing is expecting.
TigerC10

Post by TigerC10 »

Yeah, but that suggests that there's a different approach for each OS. That doc says it has to be a registry setting for Windows, and a JSON file for Linux. Another doc suggests that Mac needs an XML (PLIST) file: https://www.chromium.org/administrators ... extensions

I'd be willing to try out the JSON approach, but I prefer not to be taking shots in the dark if someone might have better insight.
mapx

Post by mapx »

The preferences page Greiner indicated to you seems to be that for ABP in firefox.
So, you should ask him (or other dev there in irc) specific questions (indicating also what browser(s), op.system(s) are you using ..etc. other details )
Or contact them to this specific email address (which all the necessary details):
en/deployments#how-deploy-abp