Mac OSX - Google Chrome - Suppress first run

Place to exchange experience about rolling out Adblock Plus to many computers, preconfiguring the extension etc.
cooxl231

Mac OSX - Google Chrome - Suppress first run

Post by cooxl231 »

We are running an AD environment for our Macs as well as windows. We are having trouble suppressing the first run page for adblockplus for chrome on OSX. We are deploying abp via plist file and it works fine. However, reading on all the documentation, I can't not figure out how to suppress the first run page on chrome. On windows we were able to suppress the page on all the browsers successfully, but unable to do so via Chrome on OSX. I used ExtensionInstallForcelist inside of com.google.Chrome.plist but am not sure how to apply the policy to suppress first run page. Does a separate plist need to be made?

I've been using this as a reference as recommended but it is very vague compared to the other OS instructions:

https://www.chromium.org/administrators ... extensions

Does anyone have any insight on how and where to suppress the first run page for Mac? Once figured out, the documentation should be updated as well to help other users in this same situation.