Adblock Plus is currently looking into the best way to support large scale deployments of our software.
Our software can be a great asset to every company, university or system administrator working with a large IT infrastructure containing multiple working stations. Adblock Plus ensures a better browsing experience for users by blocking annoying ads. It also considerably decreases security risks and privacy risks and improves bandwidth speed.
What are large scale deployments?
When installing the Adblock Plus extension for multiple machines and user accounts, it is time consuming and tedious to perform a manual installation on each device. Administrators can utilize various tools to automate the installations, e.g. installer scripts or even configuration management software.
Any mass installation of a browser extension has to take a number of things into account, like:.
- desired browsers
- operating systems
- internal policies
- infrastructure in general
Where can I find additional resources?
Below please find a list of channels for additional feedback regarding both large scale deployments and the Adblock Plus extension in general:
- Download Adblock Plus from our home page.
- See concrete tips in our How To manuals.
- Discuss your deployment-oriented issues in our forum.
- Do you want to contribute to Adblock Plus?
- If you find a bug you can file a ticket on the Adblock Plus issue tracker
- If you want to create a ticket related to the Large Scale Deployments project, please check the current list of the issues first. Please tag your issue with the following keyword: large-scale-deployments