Large Scale Deployments Introduction

Place to exchange experience about rolling out Adblock Plus to many computers, preconfiguring the extension etc.
simona

Large Scale Deployments Introduction

Post by simona »

About the project

Adblock Plus is currently looking into the best way to support large scale deployments of our software.

Our software can be a great asset to every company, university or system administrator working with a large IT infrastructure containing multiple working stations. Adblock Plus ensures a better browsing experience for users by blocking annoying ads. It also considerably decreases security risks and privacy risks and improves bandwidth speed.

What are large scale deployments?

When installing the Adblock Plus extension for multiple machines and user accounts, it is time consuming and tedious to perform a manual installation on each device. Administrators can utilize various tools to automate the installations, e.g. installer scripts or even configuration management software.

Any mass installation of a browser extension has to take a number of things into account, like:.
  • desired browsers
  • operating systems
  • internal policies
  • infrastructure in general
This forum serves as a feedback and support channel for any issue, a place to share success stories and a place for general discussion regarding roll-out and maintenance of Adblock Plus in administered environments.

Where can I find additional resources?

Below please find a list of channels for additional feedback regarding both large scale deployments and the Adblock Plus extension in general:
If you need to discuss confidential information unfit for a public forum contact us at: deployment-support@adblockplus.org
Last edited by simona on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonPost

Re: Large Scale Deployments Introduction

Post by jasonPost »

Regarding ABP for IE Installer for Active Directory,

Is there similar solution for other browsers, e.g. chrome, opera, safari and firefox?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

jasonPost wrote:Is there similar solution for other browsers, e.g. chrome, opera, safari and firefox?
Try this for Chrome on Windows: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/188453?hl=en

I don't know how to do this for the other browsers; there are GPO templates for Firefox on Windows, but I don't know how to force-install an extension.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
mapx

Post by mapx »

With new Firefox version, mass ABP-installation now available on all major browsers

blog/with-new-firefox-version-mass-abp- ... r-browsers