Blocking in gMail's "New Look"

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
fanboy

Re: Blocking in gMail's "New Look"

Post by fanboy »

grabam wrote:hi updated subs didnt do anything disabled adblock and can now see mail content

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

any ideas I shall just leave it disabled for the time being
"If it fails, submit a Adblock Report" .
Partok

Post by Partok »

Thank you all so much to those who replied. These tips saved the day for me. gMail is working fine now. :D
sunshinemiss

Post by sunshinemiss »

HI i am using gmail old look as i dont like the new look & i ahve the same gmail blocking of me emails, I cant attach anything & i cant reply, have checked the ABP & i have fanboy but it says enabled but i dont understand how to correct the issue so as I can attach again & reply, sometimes if i sign out & come back in it is fine, please offer some assistance, thanks
A Guest

Post by A Guest »

For me, the fix was disabling a 'Custom Filter' in Adblock Plus:

I'd been forced for a week or so to use 'the old' GMail using Firefox 11.0, thinking it was the recently updated browser (IE and Chrome both worked while Firefox didn't). Updating the filters in Ablock Plus didn't work. But then I noticed in Adblock Plus another tab called Custom Filters that I'd never before seen. I clicked on the Custom Filters tab. I clicked Ctrl+R and saw that there was a filter called '||mail.google.com^'. Having never created this myself (and certain my wife hadn't done such a thing) I disabled it and GMail once again works in its newer, flashier mode.

Hope this helps someone out there. It was certainly an aggravating problem.
Also a guest

Post by Also a guest »

The solution below worked for me. I am using Fanboy English, Firefox 11 and Win7 and had to disable ab in GMail new because it was blocking everything- to a white screen! I updated my filters to no avail.

I was going to switch to Easylist based on some other responses, but then I checked my Custom tab in the adblocker filter preferences tab as suggested below. Be sure to hit ctrl-R. I saw the gmail one and, interestingly, one for hulu, which I haven't been to since I installed adblock plus (I just installed it this week). Unchecking "Enabled" in the custom tab in adblocker filter prefs, re-enabling adblocker in gmail, and refreshing the gmail page yielded results. The side ads are gone (which is awesome because I noticed some ads with graphics recently), but the one-liners at the top are still there where my newsfeed used to be. I suppose that's ok. It's all pretty frustrating. Thanks!

A Guest wrote:For me, the fix was disabling a 'Custom Filter' in Adblock Plus:

I'd been forced for a week or so to use 'the old' GMail using Firefox 11.0, thinking it was the recently updated browser (IE and Chrome both worked while Firefox didn't). Updating the filters in Ablock Plus didn't work. But then I noticed in Adblock Plus another tab called Custom Filters that I'd never before seen. I clicked on the Custom Filters tab. I clicked Ctrl+R and saw that there was a filter called '||mail.google.com^'. Having never created this myself (and certain my wife hadn't done such a thing) I disabled it and GMail once again works in its newer, flashier mode.

Hope this helps someone out there. It was certainly an aggravating problem.
martinbobinac@yahoo.com

no adblock icon on any sites

Post by martinbobinac@yahoo.com »

Dear guys at adblock plus. I signed up. I even paid.This is my 5th. attempt to contact you. HELP. I have no adblock icons or any ad removal on my yahoo or any other site. I am computer new so don't ask me to point and click anywhere.Send me an email about what to do and I'll get advanced tech support to take over my screen and fix the glitch. Love adblock,had adblock,can"t get adblock, no-more !!! WHY ???
mapx

Post by mapx »

-what browser are you using ? what version ?
-ABP version ?