Adblock Plus updates and Safari Extensions Gallery?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
TheodoreMateo

Adblock Plus updates and Safari Extensions Gallery?

Post by TheodoreMateo »

Last couple of weeks I am waiting for my Adblock Plus installation on OS X El Capitan to get updated tot the latest version available according to the website of Adblock Plus (version 1.11 released on 8 March 2016). However, it seems that the version of Adblock Plus on the Safari Extensions Gallery does not get the latest version of Adblock Plus available, making it impossible for me to update my current Adblock Plus installation (versions 1.10.2).

Simple research concludes that Safari is searching for extension updates, but Adblock Plus is just not listed as an available update (Safari Extensions Gallery points out version 1.10.2 is still the most recent version of Adblock Plus). It is not possible to update manually using the website of Adblock Plus, while extensions installed from the Safari Extensions Gallery are protected against updates from other sources. There should be an easy way to update your Adblock Plus installation when installed using the Safari Extensions Gallery. The only way to have the latest version at this moment is to uninstall Adblock Plus and then install it from the website directly. However this is not convinient while this resets the block counter and all Adblock Plus preferences.

Does anyone know why Adblock Plus does not gets updates from the Safari Extensions Gallery? Could the developers of Adblock Plus please update the version of the Safari Extensions Gallery, in order to facilitate convinent and easy updates for Adblock Plus on Safari? Thanks for your help!