Safari 7.0.1 interferes with YouTube comment loading

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
jahjah

Safari 7.0.1 interferes with YouTube comment loading

Post by jahjah »

Recently AdBlock Plus seems to prevent YouTube comments from loading. Disabling AdBlock Plus immediately allows the comments to populate.
Don Ottrack

Re: Safari 7.0.1 interferes with YouTube comment loading

Post by Don Ottrack »

Yes, I just noticed this happening this morning and it definitely wasn't happening yesterday.

It's not just the comments but the display of the full title (if it is longer than one line) and description etc.

I noticed that my ABP extension was updated yesterday at 18:54 GMT so something changed.
Don Ottrack

Post by Don Ottrack »

I used Time Machine to revert to the last backed up version of ABP and disabled automatic extension updates (for now) and everything is as it was.
Chromatim

Post by Chromatim »

Happening here as well. As stated before, Video descriptions & comments do not load. I have EasyList, Malware Domains, and EasyPrivacy enabled. I disabled the Social Blocking one, and the comments load when they want to load.

Safari 7.0.2, ABP 1.7.4.1114
axl

Post by axl »

I have the same problem with youtube. Tried different settings, but no result. Problem, still exist.
Mr. Moore

Post by Mr. Moore »

Same problem with Safari 7.0.2 (OS X 10.9.2). Aside from the video player, the window is completely blank.
Mr. Moore

Post by Mr. Moore »

Addendum: Looks like Adblock Plus blanks out the window only on pages on which videos have ads. I use YouTube’s HTML5 setting + ClickToFlash (with no Flash installed on my computer). If a YouTube page loads its own HTML5 player, then the rest of the page is displayed correctly. If, however, ClickToFlash kicks in and loads OS X’s standard video player, then the rest of the page is blank.

For example, this page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfg_dKfUUYs loads fine, while this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6df8vnVhHY does not.
Mr. Moore

Post by Mr. Moore »

UPDATE. Appears to be fixed in v1.7.4.1123.
snoack

Post by snoack »

That was fast. ;) I pushed the fix a few minutes ago and was just about to post here, that it is fixed now.
Mr. Moore

Post by Mr. Moore »

snoack wrote:That was fast. ;)
:wink:
TheDude

Post by TheDude »

Hmm strange, I don't seem able to download v1.7.4.1123, I only get v1.7.4.1122?

I tried the download from the homepage and the development builds page... I only get the 1122 but no 1123?
TheDude

Post by TheDude »

Thank you!! :)
Don Ottrack

Post by Don Ottrack »

For me, this problem has returned since this morning.
snoack

Post by snoack »

I can't reproduce it. Which version of Safari and Adblock Plus are you using? For how long did you wait?

As you reported here YouTube is rather slow when you use Adblock Plus. So maybe the comments just need more time to load than usual.