Youtube ads

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
Melita1309

Youtube ads

Post by Melita1309 »

Hi, I'm sure the fight to keep a step ahead of big companies circumventing adblockers is constant and your work is appreciated :-) However, Youtube is driving me crazy - maybe I'm not doing something right as not particularly techie! Recently I've had ads interrupting videos, but as blank screen for whatever length of time (which is just as frustrating as videos being interrupted by ads themselves, especially when it seems to be every 2 minutes). Reloading the page doesn't seem to make a difference, though it does seem to work for a minute of two, and then back only blinking the ad itself, not skipping it. It's the same on my phone, which was working fine until yesterday. I gave up on Chrome as the blocker wasn't working, and I now can't sign in to YouTube properly for some reason on Chrome!

Using Adblock Plus (unsure of version but it seems to be updated - not sure where to find version or how to update!)

Mac Catalina 10.15.7

Safari Version 14.0.3 (15610.4.3.1.6, 15610)

Thank you!
danka

Re: Youtube ads

Post by danka »

I am having the same problem. It started today for me. I cannot skip the add. The add plays and I have to wait for the skip ad button. It happens throughout the video. I tried incognito window but it still won't work. If this keeps up, no one will watch youtube anymore. Who can sit through 5 ads in a 10 minute video?
dddeimante123

Post by dddeimante123 »

Hi,

I was experiencing the same thing but it didn't bother me. But I had to update ABP and since updating it doesn't work. I see the ads on YouTube (I turned off the function of allowing acceptable ads). How can I fix this?
arjeet45o

Post by arjeet45o »

not sure where to find version or how to update!)