Why do you destroy the internet?

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
coucouu

Re: Why do you destroy the internet?

Post by coucouu »

Iis anything wrong we use internet?
chriswcs

Post by chriswcs »

Yugandhar wrote:So you are not destroying the internet market ? Then why are you asking money for unblocking ads from many internet ads company ? I know that google refused to pay money to you for unblocking their ads. In my opinion you are a cyber mafia like land mafia. You are indirectly blakmailing ads companies. Dude this is not the right way to earn your bread and butter. You said bandwidth saving. Then just block popup ads and automatic video playing ads companies. Even amazon and ebay and many new startup companies publish their ads in blogs to sell their products. You are blocking them. You are thinking that, i am just saving bandwidth. But you are stopping sales. If no sales means no tax paying to government, simply stopping employement, no food for them. For example may users comes to internet for songs. Songs sites admins earn money through ads only. So in feature they will stop their sites that means nobody comes to internet so no need of isp means all service providers get less money. Not only music your addon destroying many entertainmet categories. Even facebook also not able to do they business due to of your addon, if no ads means that company will shut down with in a few days.
This has got to be the worst argument I've read all week. You are saying that blocking ads will shut the internet down. Just stop..
Remix

Post by Remix »

Destroying the internet? More like, saving the internet. You'll never stop people from finding a way around your bullshit ads. We're not responsible for your loss in revenue. Maybe, you can find more creative ways to make money in the future rather than forcing ads on people or trying to trick/redirect them into clicking on one. Or, perhaps you can just accept that the internet is about spreading knowledge, information, and new ideas - not worthless ads, wasting people's time, or attempting to scam their money away.
treos

Post by treos »

Remix wrote:Destroying the internet? More like, saving the internet. You'll never stop people from finding a way around your bullshit ads. We're not responsible for your loss in revenue. Maybe, you can find more creative ways to make money in the future rather than forcing ads on people or trying to trick/redirect them into clicking on one. Or, perhaps you can just accept that the internet is about spreading knowledge, information, and new ideas - not worthless ads, wasting people's time, or attempting to scam their money away.

that's on top of the security risk aspect that internet ads are notorious for. malware, spyware...among other things can be spread by ads and are things ad companies commonly use to gather information without a persons knowing just so they can spread even more ads.
samiam

Post by samiam »

i'm so sick of ads invading my computer.. i'm really disappointed to learn this.
Marcelo1981

Post by Marcelo1981 »

The problem is that most viruses gets served by ads. I rather not be infected anymore.
Max Mouse

Post by Max Mouse »

Pretty sure its the ads thats destroying the internet. Not the other way around. Instead of being simple banner ads they want to be a spam of popup ads, redirect ads that throw you off the site you were actually on..large CPU hogging Flash Ads and most of the Ads are just scams and viruses that they want to put on your computer so they send you more ads and see ads when you not even on the internet. These problems actually stop you from doing what you originally intended to do...
TeresaRock

Post by TeresaRock »

What do you actually mean by "destroy the internet"? I really like this forum! Moreover, I am planning to visit it as often as possible.
jessicawhite999

Post by jessicawhite999 »

LOL. It is belongs to the Huge Big Business of the world, what do they lack of? Money is not the answer..
Izul

Post by Izul »

as if removing a button on my arse would mean destroying my skin. No matter if it's quite normal to have them on your skin, it does not mean that they're an essential part - same is with ad companies. They're just using a half-legal breach into privacy claiming to be part of the system. I don't really see the difference between them and people who produce mal- and spyware: Ads don't mean anything else than taking influence and control of the users. I dont care, how much of their loot is spent for good - it's the result of a rip-off.

And that's the point where i don't understand the whole discussion of "accetables" and its newly active setup in ABP. Who the hell would install ABP for another reason than keeping ad companies out of reach? There was a time when internet worked out very well without ads - the idea that without ads internet would be destroyed nowadays is complete bullshit. Same is a non-functional ABP by the way.
taxinoibai

Post by taxinoibai »

The price of free
mtjr

Post by mtjr »

this is subject we suffer from in Arabian community
Robinsog

Post by Robinsog »

jessicawhite999 wrote:LOL. It is belongs to the Huge Big Business of the world, what do they lack of? Money is not the answer..

The answer is self-realization, it is more expensive than money. The realization that this world needs you. Everyone wants to have their own mission.
JACOB09

Post by JACOB09 »

Ads somehow useful for us to get some knowledge anout new products discounts offers & also help to earn money some times etizolab
Last edited by JACOB09 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
earlpurple

Post by earlpurple »

Part of the flaw of internet advertising is the concept that if the user doesn't click on the ad straight away that it has had no effect.

When I buy something I may well buy an advertised product. I may have it in my mind when I need something that I saw something advertised that does just what I require.

It is about as unlikely though that I'll click through to a site advertising something to buy it instantly as it is that I'll see an ad on TV and rush to the shops (or online) to immediately buy the product, and nobody has ever expected me to do that but it doesn't stop them advertising, because they know that their advertised product will remain in people's back thoughts until such a time they may have use for it.