Why do you destroy the internet?

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
MRTHiNk

Why do you destroy the internet?

Post by MRTHiNk »

do you actually think about the webmasters? how should they pay the server bills? :shock:
lewisje

Re: Why do you destroy the internet?

Post by lewisje »

MRTHiNk wrote:do you actually think about the webmasters? how should they pay the server bills? :shock:
Palant has already dealt with this issue; basically, ads themselves do not generate money directly by being viewed, it's all about conversions in the end (as in people actually buying stuff), and if people who don't want to see ads keep them from loading, it will actually make the clicks from those non-blockers ever more valuable: blog/ads-dont-generate-money
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
MRTHink

Post by MRTHink »

That's not 100% right. Ads do generate money just by viewing them.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

MRTHink wrote:That's not 100% right. Ads do generate money just by viewing them.
better warn Ben Bernanke, ads cause monetary inflation
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Soender

Post by Soender »

It's true. Never use AdBlock.
It will destroy the internet and free content.
capncrunch

Post by capncrunch »

AdBlock is a Godsent. Every time I visit a website, every other website starts showing me ads for products I have searched for, almost immediately after I searched for it. It is like having someone standing over my shoulder recording EVERYTHING I look at on the Internet.
It is a MAJOR invasion of my privacy and, just like there is a "Do-Not-Call" list in Canada for people who do not want companies to call them ( at dinner time of course!!!!), there should be an opt-out from all this tracking. There isn't!!! I installed Google's "Permanent Advertising Cookie Opt-out" and it doesn't opt me out of ANYTHING.
AdBlocker far from destroys the Internet. I have NO intention of buying anything as a result of seeing an ad. If I were likely to I would not install AdBlocker. In fact, I will MAKE A POINT of NEVER buying anything from anyone who invades my privacy. There is therefore NO loss to anyone of me using AdBlock or anyone else for that matter.
If you're happy with the ads and companies tracking your every move, just don't install it! Simple enough.
Your ad sucks!

Post by Your ad sucks! »

lewisje wrote:
MRTHink wrote:That's not 100% right. Ads do generate money just by viewing them.
better warn Ben Bernanke, ads cause monetary inflation
lmao!!
Loki Balboa

Post by Loki Balboa »

I'd much rather destroy the web than listen to fart sounds through my speakers in the middle of the night. If you have no respect for people don't expect it back. It's mutual.
who is wrong here

Post by who is wrong here »

5 million users are telling you your economic model is faulty.
KierstiKat

Post by KierstiKat »

So my mother says adblock will not do anything about the ads and nothing will help it they just turn in to links whatever you do DONT DOWNLOAD! :shock: :shock: :shock:
mapx

Post by mapx »

if you have some issue give us the details (site, what happens ..)
Yugandhar

Post by Yugandhar »

What google adsense made mistake ? They did not make abuse to visitors like popups. I hate you. You are the only person making thousands of bloggers and webmasters on to the road.
treos

Post by treos »

why do i destroy the internet? well...first, theres the fact that having adblock plus greatly improves an otherwise cluttered browsing experience and i just don't like ads in general. that aside, people already pay ISPs, many of whom have the nerve to throttle peoples internet usage (greedy jerks). then theres the ad companies who flood the internet with they're wastes of bandwidth and generally just annoy the heck out of everyone. OH and lets not forget the people who have ISPs that place bandwidth caps on they're users (wth you greedy little...? we used to have a satellite ISP called wildblue where i live that did this. 12gb/month isn't much when 1 or more members of the family like myself play games and watch youtube among other things.), all those ads waste a fair portion of that cap.

so yeah...how am i in the wrong for blocking ads again? oh, right, its because i'm keeping people from making pennies off of my browsing the internet, right?
Yugandhar

Post by Yugandhar »

So you are not destroying the internet market ? Then why are you asking money for unblocking ads from many internet ads company ? I know that google refused to pay money to you for unblocking their ads. In my opinion you are a cyber mafia like land mafia. You are indirectly blakmailing ads companies. Dude this is not the right way to earn your bread and butter. You said bandwidth saving. Then just block popup ads and automatic video playing ads companies. Even amazon and ebay and many new startup companies publish their ads in blogs to sell their products. You are blocking them. You are thinking that, i am just saving bandwidth. But you are stopping sales. If no sales means no tax paying to government, simply stopping employement, no food for them. For example may users comes to internet for songs. Songs sites admins earn money through ads only. So in feature they will stop their sites that means nobody comes to internet so no need of isp means all service providers get less money. Not only music your addon destroying many entertainmet categories. Even facebook also not able to do they business due to of your addon, if no ads means that company will shut down with in a few days.
treos

Post by treos »

you know, if you think about it, without ad blockers your basically paying for people to make money off of you.

oh and Yugandhar, its a known fact that facebook sells info on users to ad companies. thats one of the bigger reasons i dislike and try to avoid facebook. i see no good reason to defend a site that does that especially since most website that are actually trustworthy promise to never give out your personal info.

edit: actually, i took a quick look on google and theres a petition to get facebook to stop selling out its users http://action.sumofus.org/a/Facebook-se ... -data/5/2/