How to find out what is blocked

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
the_steve_randolph

How to find out what is blocked

Post by the_steve_randolph »

I started having this problem in the last 3-4 weeks and have narrowed down AdBlock as the cause. A simple example is that I am not seeing the comments section on any article on Yahoo. On other sites, where there is a "download this" type of button, I click it and nothing happens. I notice that ever time I click the button, the count in the AdBlock icon increases. When I look at my filters I cannot find a cause for this behavior. Clearly AdBock is blocking that, but, I don't know why. Is there a way to see exactly what aspect of the page/HTML/whatever that is being blocked and why?
the_steve_randolph

Re: How to find out what is blocked

So, it appears as if there is no way to know. That means that my solution is to get rid of AdBlock Plus. Oh well
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

You can find a list of all requests of a tab, and the filters that Adblock Plus used to block or not block them, by opening your browser's developer tools window (e.g. by right-clicking on the page and selecting "Inspect") and switching to the Adblock Plus tab in that window.

Note that you need to reload the page after opening that window.
the_steve_randolph

I have determined that the filter blocking the comments section on a Yahoo article page is: EasyPrivacy

I determined that by clicking that filter list off and then reloaded that page. This is the list of filters attributed to EasyPrivacy on that page:
  • /wf-beacon- {script}
    ||yimg.com/aaq/wf/wf-darla- {script}
    /perf-vitals_ {script}
    ||doubleclick.net^$third-party {script}
    ||jac.yahoosandbox.com {script}
    /parsely.js {script (vidible.tv)}
    ||direct-events-collector.spot.im {ping}
    /beacon/error? {ping}
    ||geo.yahoo.com {ping}
    /px.gif? {image}
    ||scorecardresearch.com {image}
    ||wc.yahoodns.net^$image {image}
    ||yahoo.net/pixel.gif {image}
    /pixel.gif? {image}
    ||trk*.vidible.tv^ image}
    /generate_204$image,other,ping,script {image (YouTube)}
    ||advertising.com^$third-party {XMLHTTPRequest}
    /log_event? {XMLHTTPRequest}
After turning off EasyPrivacy and trying the script filters one by one, I have determined that the filter is: ||jac.yahoosandbox.com

Googling that URL doesn't really tell me anything. Can anybody tell me what this URL is supposed to do and why EasyPrivacy wants to block the Yahoo comments sections?
the_steve_randolph

Anybody?