Has anyone else been noticing more ads (Adblock Plus)?

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
JubimGomes

Has anyone else been noticing more ads (Adblock Plus)?

Post by JubimGomes »

I've been using Adblock Plus for a couple years now and its worked as it should. However, in the last few days I've noticed that there are more ads than before. For example, Youtube videos will now run ads before playing, and other websites that I would commonly read, before with no ads on them now have a lot. Did something change with Adblock or Chrome?
Last edited by JubimGomes on Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: Has anyone else been noticing more ads (Adblock Plus)?

Post by greiner »

It's difficult to say what causes that because an ad being blocked/not blocked depends on a lot of factors (e.g. Adblock Plus version, installed filter lists, filter list versions, custom filters, YouTube itself, geolocation, etc.) so the next time you encounter those ads again, can you please send us an issue report using the "Report issue" button in the toolbar icon popup?

That way filter authors can have a look at all the information about the problem, try to reproduce it and make the necessary changes to the filter lists so that those ads will be blocked again.

Alternatively, you can report any ads that aren't blocked to the filter authors at EasyList directly via their GitHub page or their forum.

You can also check out our Help Center website which is where we're publishing further information about and troubleshooting tips for Adblock Plus.