Google was crazy fast again

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
phuongdvnt

Google was crazy fast again

Post by phuongdvnt »

Let me start by saying I've used Adblock Plus for years, close to since inception. WIth the release of 2 and the added "allow some non-intrusive advertising" feature, I left it checked. For years this has been fine, but as of late, I'm noticing a slower and slower browsing experience.

Today, during some google and google map searches, I felt like I was on yellowpages.com, where the paid advertisements cover more screen than the search results. Map browsing was slowed a tremendous amount with the "blue" map locations that are ads related to your original search.

For the first time, I've gone in and disabled this feature. Once disabled, Google was crazy fast again.

My question is, what are the controls in place to prevent non-intrusive advertisers from modifying their advertisement methods once they've been added to the list?

I generally don't mind ads that aren't causing seizures and slowing down my browsing experience. But, it seems Google is doing a terrible job of keeping their ads fast. It seems the more logic they apply to generate targeted ads, the slower the experience becomes for us.

Is there anything to prevent the sins of one company on this list from ruining it for everyone playing by the rules?
Veronica24

Re: Google was crazy fast again

Post by Veronica24 »

Yeah, I totally agree with you :D
I'm tired from such crazy fast Google.
It's more difficult for me to play my favourite games here ( if you want look at my profile)
AliceColes

Post by AliceColes »

I am in total agreement. Adblock fix it please! I think in nearest future Google will buy adblock and it will be an interesting cooperation)
JasonBrock

Re:

Post by JasonBrock »

AliceColes wrote:I am in total agreement. Adblock fix it please! I think in nearest future Google will buy adblock and it will be an interesting cooperation)
That's true)
Robinsog

Post by Robinsog »

AdBlock is an advanced program, so they must collaborate with google
JeffJeremy

Re:

Post by JeffJeremy »

AliceColes wrote:I am in total agreement. Adblock fix it please! I think in nearest future Google will buy adblock and it will be an interesting cooperation)
I don't see anything good in it. AdBlock is specially installed in order to get rid of annoying ads. In the case of buying Google AdBlock, it's absolutely impossible to hide from advertising.
Mareceing

Post by Mareceing »

Google always do fast any thing because They control everything on web. So please your google setting and adjust with them. Visit this site
Last edited by Mareceing on Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alissa777m

Post by Alissa777m »

Hello everyone, what do you think about the May Google search update?
LeslieYoung

Post by LeslieYoung »

Yeah, I totally agree with you . there was that same problem
AntonelaG

Post by AntonelaG »

Absolutly I agree with you, I think so is not good, however It's something that very confusing at first
betosten

Post by betosten »

Robinsog wrote:AdBlock is an advanced program, so they must collaborate with google
I don't think they can collaborate, because this plugin stops showing Google ads, Youtube ads.
lajmonline

Post by lajmonline »

This is not surprising, now that Google's search ads have been eaten away by many competitors, such as tiktok, twitter, youtube, facebook. In the past, Google was the only one.