Use memory resources with ADP

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
tistou77

Use memory resources with ADP

Post by tistou77 »

Hello

Until now I used IE Tracking with the list EasyList FR + Easy List
Currently, I am testing ADP with the same list and I have noticed that for the same visited sites/forums, the use memory resource for IE has increased by more than 200, 300MB

Is it because of ADP and is it normal ?
Or I have a problem with this extension ?

Thanks for your help
tistou77

Re: Use memory resources with ADP

Post by tistou77 »

Hello

Someone to tell me

Thanks
mapx

Post by mapx »

You should use modern browsers (firefox - chrome), I didn't see lastly any development on ABP for IE (I guess it has the lowest priority ...)

You can also see if there is some issue on the bug tracker regarding you question:
https://issues.adblockplus.org
tistou77

Post by tistou77 »

Ok thanks for your answers, I do not like Firefox, Chrome, etc ... :oops:

In fact, I wanted to test ADP for IE because I used the list EasyList FR + EasyList and IE tracking (list .tpl) and I had no problem.
But recently some filters have "bugs", and on the forum of EasyList , I was told that the list fo IE Tracking (.tpl) was automatically generated by ADP and that they could not do anything.
I do not know, to whom I can raise these problems for this list generated automatically by ADP

Thanks

PS: sorry for my english
tistou77

Post by tistou77 »

Hello

If someone can help me

Thanks
tistou77

Post by tistou77 »

Hello
But recently some filters have "bugs", and on the forum of EasyList , I was told that the list fo IE Tracking (.tpl) was automatically generated by ADP and that they could not do anything.
I do not know, to whom I can raise these problems for this list generated automatically by ADP
If someone can help me

Thanks
mapx

Post by mapx »

It's useless to insist. There is no new development in ABP for IE. IE is a very outdated browser. Give it up and use a modern browser.
tistou77

Post by tistou77 »

I am not asking for a new development, just that the IE .tpl list is automatically updated by ADP and there is an error in a filter (compared to the .txt list of Edge or IE)
The latest update from today, is that ADP continues to update

Now if the "person" taking care of the automatic update does not want to fix the bug, who says it, but it's not worth saying that it's old browser, it still works fine :D