WIN7 IE11 problem

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
JohnLorn

WIN7 IE11 problem

Post by JohnLorn »

G'day, I had ADP for a long time and worked wonderfully, then it stopped, have downloaded latest ADP, shows in the list of Programs etc, etc, but not on the task bar, cannot open the program or get it working. I have looked at the forum and can not find the same problem. Any help appreciated. Win7 Pro, IE11.
mapx

Re: WIN7 IE11 problem

Post by mapx »

JohnLorn

Post by JohnLorn »

Hi, thank you for the reply, when I try to enable AbBlock it shows a message, "This page can not be displayed", and says to check that, "http://iefiles.blob.core.windows.net" is correct. Is it correct? I have enable Third Party Browser Extensions checked.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Did you try installing from:
devbuilds/adblockplusie/00latest.exe
JohnLorn

Post by JohnLorn »

MAPX, thank you, up and working now.
JohnLorn

Post by JohnLorn »

MAPX, was working, has now disappeared again. What am I doing wrong?
JohnLorn

Post by JohnLorn »

One other issue is adding sites to list, the control panel seems to be corrupt, no drop down list of languages is missing and when you try and add a site it just hangs and does nothing else.
JohnLorn

Post by JohnLorn »

Was working good on some pages, now it has just stopped working on all pages, what is the matter with this?
mapx

Post by mapx »

reset again your browser, could be something else you using (other addon in IE ?)
JohnLorn

Post by JohnLorn »

mapx, please excuse my ignorance, but what is meant by reset my browser?
JohnLorn

Post by JohnLorn »

thank you
JohnLorn

Post by JohnLorn »

mapx, have don the reset, loaded from latest, installed, enabled, still nothing, doesn't show on status bar etc. Is driving me crazy.
docwho3

Post by docwho3 »

I once had a problem with web pages refusing to load and giving me the error message 'This page can not be displayed' as you described. Also some file downloads would not work and sometimes a download would say the file was corrupted. In my case it turned out that my antivirus was the culprit as it had a firewall function that would restrict some programs from accessing the internet. Once I went in and did the tedious task of allowing certain programs things got much better. I am using a different antivirus now and have not had the trouble again. I have no idea if that is your trouble or not. I am just putting the info out there in case it helps.
eltodesukane

Post by eltodesukane »

JohnLorn wrote:G'day, I had ADP for a long time and worked wonderfully, then it stopped, have downloaded latest ADP, shows in the list of Programs etc, etc, but not on the task bar, cannot open the program or get it working. I have looked at the forum and can not find the same problem. Any help appreciated. Win7 Pro, IE11.
I now have the same problem.
I reloaded and reinstall Addblock Plus, but it's not active, it's not running, it's not blocking, it's not on the taskbar.
And no way to contact Adblock about this issue...
And no help at all from Adblock...
Last edited by eltodesukane on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.