Adblock not working after reinstalling chrome

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
carliwelch

Adblock not working after reinstalling chrome

Post by carliwelch »

I've had AdBlock installed for the past 2-3 years and never had issues with it. Couple days ago I reinstalled google chrome beacuse I had some issues with it, and I had to reinstall AdBlock aswell. Now it's not working anymore. Not on YouTube, not facebook, nothing.

How can I fix this?
TonyBrewn

Re: Adblock not working after reinstalling chrome

Post by TonyBrewn »

carliwelch wrote:I've had AdBlock installed for the past 2-3 years and never had issues with it. Couple days ago I reinstalled google chrome beacuse I had some issues with it, and I had to reinstall AdBlock aswell. Now it's not working anymore. Not on YouTube, not facebook, nothing.

have you found a solution to this problem?
Lily52

Post by Lily52 »

Hello,

Did you already try to disable all other extensions except for AdBlock? This could help. Sometimes the problem lies actually not on Adblock itself but on the other extensions. Try also to restart Chrome a few times. If AdBlock is still there each time, it means one of the extensions you disabled is the cause of the problem. Enable each of the other extensions one at one to see when the problem appears again.

Hope it works

Lily
nomade

Post by nomade »

If AdBlock is constantly being uninstalled or disabled every time you open Chrome, it could mean your computer is infected with malware. Malware often looks for and uninstalls extensions that can keep them from doing their nefarious work.
Extensions can become corrupted if something goes wrong in Chrome. One indication of a corrupted extension is that its icon in the Chrome toolbar changes to a jigsaw puzzle piece. Chrome disables corrupted extensions. You can visit chrome://extensions and try to repair a corrupted extension, but it's better just to reinstall it.
sumitarb

Post by sumitarb »

have you found a solution to this problem?
RainBird

Post by RainBird »

carliwelch wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:41 am I've had AdBlock installed for the past 2-3 years and never had issues with it. Couple days ago I reinstalled google chrome beacuse I had some issues with it, and I had to reinstall AdBlock aswell. Now it's not working anymore. Not on YouTube, not facebook, nothing.

How can I fix this?
Avoid using Chrome. Import your settings from Google Chrome and download the brave browser, which is based on the chromium browser. An excellent ad blocker is brave. Try ublock origin as well.