Translate... It doesn't work

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Hnb

Translate... It doesn't work

Post by Hnb »

I use Google Chrome only for this function, it gives me the immediate option of translating the entire web page, without opening a new window or use translate.google.com .

Adblocker browser is awesome but because this function I can not stop using the old one.

I go to the settings option - languages, and it's all active.
Why do you have grant us the choice if in the end doesn't help or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for everything you do, the browser, it's definitely the best I have ever tried on my device. (I've used the addon in browsers on Windows, either Firefox or Chrome since the beginning)
Hnb

Re: Translate... It doesn't work

Post by Hnb »

No answer? The option is disable by default?
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

Google's services (e.g. translations, password syncing) are only available in its own proprietary Chrome browser. They don't include them in Chromium, the open source version of Chrome, which other browsers (e.g. Adblock Browser, Microsoft Edge, Opera) are based on.

Here's a recent example of Google enforcing those restrictions: https://blog.chromium.org/2021/01/limit ... ty-in.html
Hnb

Post by Hnb »

Thanks for your prompt response.

Sorry, I did not find the why in the link provided but if you are giving the option is because is going to work or you just simple remove it.

I've been tested other browsers with the same capabilities and that option works, so, now I believe something is missing in the code and it is a opportunity for you to improve.

Again, thank you for the effort and bring us this amazing app.
Regards.