How can I tell if ABP is working?

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
JoeG

How can I tell if ABP is working?

Post by JoeG »

I have a Samsung Note 1 (N7000) running Android 2.3.6.

I installed the latest ABP (1.2.1) with no problem. The icon appears on the left at the very top of my screen, in the row withthe battery-level indicator and clock.

I've got got the proxy settings in both the OS and the ABP advanced settings set to localhost and port 2020. I'm using the Germany+Easylist filters.

My "problem" is that almost none of the sites I visit have ads. I did notice that the German website spiegel.de looks "adless" now, but it's the only thing that's caught my attention.

What particularly makes me wonder is that the ABP icon has been grey rather than the familiar red from the moment I installed the app.

How can I tell if ABP is doing its job?

Thanks.

JoeG
dunxd

Re: How can I tell if ABP is working?

Post by dunxd »

Try going to one or all of these on your phone:
Some of them are from competitors products, but they all work for Adblock Pro. The Simple Adblock tests gives me a red box for hiding elements when using Adblock on my phone.

Post by Guest »

dunxd wrote:Try going to one or all of these on your phone:
Some of them are from competitors products, but they all work for Adblock Pro. The Simple Adblock tests gives me a red box for hiding elements when using Adblock on my phone.
Thanks very much. That was perfect!
caspii

Post by caspii »

I made a single-page website which gives you a yes or no answer: http://casparwre.de/adblock-detector/
canyoublockit

Post by canyoublockit »

Hey,
You may even test this one out. A simple website I've been working on riddled with ads.
https://canyoublockit.com