Unable to connect to proxy server

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
nrrdzilla

Unable to connect to proxy server

Post by nrrdzilla »

Hi.

I have a Google Nexus 4, and installed the latest Android update (4.4.2) this past week.

Now, on every network for which I've manually configured the ABP proxy settings; I get no network connectivity (email or web); just the message "Unable to connect to proxy server".
Error code: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

Disabling the manual proxy settings makes this go away, and unsurprisingly email and web start working.

Thoughts? Comments?

Cheers,
N
ShiftlessDrifter

Re: Unable to connect to proxy server

Post by ShiftlessDrifter »

This is happening to me as well. In fact for the last couple of weeks Adblock has stopped blocking in-game ads altogether. It seems no matter what game I am using I see all the ads. Not sure where to go to get the earlier version that supposedly still works.

- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Android 4.3
- Adblock Plus v1.2.0.309 build #309
Lants

Post by Lants »

I get the same proxy error as well. Have to refresh filter subscription in order for me to use any app that requires an internet connection. Nexus 10, 4.4.2.
zorbish

Post by zorbish »

Any update on this ? if I can not connect to web when proxy is enabled, what use is this s/w ? any way around ?
leneborma

Post by leneborma »

ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED is a browser-based error, it means your browser is not able to connect to the internet because of the proxy connection. Either you have invalid proxy connection or configuration of proxy is controlled by the third party. . You can usually solve this issue with the following steps:

Change Proxy settings
Renew IP address
Delete Proxy Server Registry Key
Reset TCP/IP