Disable clipboard manipulations Problems Copying and Pasting

Discussion related to extensions like Extension Auto-Installer or Google Search link fix.
CrankyBird

Disable clipboard manipulations Problems Copying and Pasting

Post by CrankyBird »

As another user wrote, this will not allow copying bits off Google books.
I had thought Google had found a way to stop copying.

In Facebook, if I copy something from another site, or another Facebook page, when I paste it into a comment box I can't type anything after it and get Facebook to accept the comment.
The comment stays and nothing happens, but a blank line space is added at the beginning.

If I forget and try to type in text, I lose the ability to do anything on the page until I reload the page.
This second problems happens in various, but not all, comment boxes on different web sites, not just Facebook.
There is no way to get it back by using the undo command either.

If I try to remove the added type before entering the pasted comment, parts of the copied part disappear, or all of the copied part disappears.
Then if it does accept the command to add the comment, nothing pasted shows!
It's as if I did noting at all but click on add a comment.

I liked this add-on, but now it's a real problem.
I have spent hours making a detailed reply only to have it wiped out.
Needless to say, I do not want to retype it again.

I hope there is a fix for this.
InfoJunkie

Re: Disable clipboard manipulations Problems Copying and Pasting

Post by InfoJunkie »

For the last few months, I have seen exactly the problem that CrankyBird describes.

Currently, this is DCM 1.0.1.1 on Firefox 41.0.2 with Win10 with Facebook comment boxes. Was also present on Win8.1.

Specifically, a) after a paste, the box shows TWO copies of the clipboard text, and b) subsequent attempts to add or delete text in that box do not behave as one would expect.

If DCM is disabled, the problem disappears. If it's re-enabled, the problem reappears.