Content filter for annoying news issues?

Discussion related to extensions like Extension Auto-Installer or Google Search link fix.
Galaktikus

Content filter for annoying news issues?

Post by Galaktikus »

Hi,

Reading news websites, there are issues that I am absolutely not interested in.
Every time I read the online news, I am wasteing time skipping ballast information :( .

So I was looking for a content filter. Just to hide away sports or celebreties "news".
But most content filters simply block the whole website using a term blacklist.

Is there any plugin available to hide news issues the user is not wishing to see? Just like adblock hides away the ads, still showing the rest content?

If not- Target group would be almost anyone.
Gingerbread Man

Re: Content filter for annoying news issues?

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Hello,

Depending on the site, it may be possible to create an element hiding filter for what you don't want to see.
How to block specific news feeds on YAHOO!

What's the site in question? Whether you use Adblock Plus or a user script, there's no solution that works universally, because the structure of each site differs.

You can also have a look at the following threads. They describe how to hide or block all links and images that match a keyword. The problem is that pages have lots of content surrounding the links (like a brief description of the news article), and that wouldn't be hidden.
Block Kim Kardashian???
Trying to block ANY Kardashian photo
Bennelong

Re: Content filter for annoying news issues?

Post by Bennelong »

There are several content filter are usually seen for annoying new issues,and these may probably interrupt you in all ways.so try to get relevant details in all aspects.