urlfixer not correcting custom urls.

Discussion related to extensions like Extension Auto-Installer or Google Search link fix.
dogesjimbo

urlfixer not correcting custom urls.

Post by dogesjimbo »

I just tried to do a custom url to see if the thing would even work and as I expected it doesn't. I tried redirecting google.com to archive.org as a safe replacement to see if the thing would work. But it won't, at all. No custom changes will work at all for me no matter what I try to do. And I don't see why a custom change between urls wouldn't be allowed and I've not seen anything in the source code to say that it'd not work.

Re: urlfixer not correcting custom urls.

Post by guest »

What browser (& browser version) are you using?
What version of URL Fixer?
op

Post by op »

firefox 27, latest extension.

Post by guest »

I don't have Firefox 27 around, but I tried Firefox 28 with latest URL Fixer from AMO (4.1), added a custom correction from google.com to archive.org, and it's working correctly: if I type a google.com URL in the address bar, the domain is changed to archive.org.
Does URL Fixer work for you in a new, clean profile?
If so, your best bet is probably to try Standard diagnostic on your main profile.
Please post your findings.
OP

Post by OP »

I was trying to do regex replaces with urlfixer and it seems like the thing is not working with my regex, I mainly want to get based upon the url and also do it based upon the url after the / which I can't seem to make urlfixer work with. Is this common with urlfixer?

Post by guest »

OP wrote:do it based upon the url after the / which I can't seem to make urlfixer work with.
Oh. URL Fixer only corrects domains, so I don't think that will work.

You would have to make a custom modified version of URL Fixer to get it to correct entire URLs.