embed code for webmasters to block 3rd party adverts

Discussion related to extensions like Extension Auto-Installer or Google Search link fix.
mrbrown123

embed code for webmasters to block 3rd party adverts

Post by mrbrown123 »

I am interested in maybe a service or information about if it is possible to add some code within your website page to block 3rd party adverts.. therefore delivering a better end user experience.

This creates problems for webmasters who need ad revenue but at the same time want to add for a example (youtube video or justin tv video) but not have there adverts or pop ups causing problems.. if these videos were shown in a frame then the code could maybe just block the frame advert.. as a webmaster I would happly pay for this..

any suggestions?
lewisje

Re: embed code for webmasters to block 3rd party adverts

Post by lewisje »

You can't do it with client-side Javascript alone, but even server-side approaches are legally problematic if the primary purpose is to allow all users, regardless of whether they have ad-blocking measures on their own devices, to view third-party content without ads: forum/viewtopic.php?p=119639#p119639
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.