Using the adblockplus libraries

Discussion related to extensions like Extension Auto-Installer or Google Search link fix.
agarwal.lalit91

Using the adblockplus libraries

Post by agarwal.lalit91 »

I am working on extracting information of the ads present on a webpage. I am quite impressed with the filtering algorithm used by adblockplus and would like to use a similar algorithm to identify the advertisements on a given webpage. I have gone through the libraries, but am unable to figure out a way to use these libraries for this purpose. If somebody has an idea, kindly help. Also I just wanted to know if such a filtering algorithm can be used in java. If so, then how.
agarwal.lalit91

Re: Using the adblockplus libraries

Post by agarwal.lalit91 »

I am doing a research on Online Behavior Advertising. So I need to get the URL of all the landing pages of third party ads present on a website. I have been working with Selenium-Webdriver for quite a few days now and have used it to identify all the iframe tags in a webpage. I simulated a click on these iframe tags which opened the landing page in a new window and I extracted the URL from them. I know its not an efficient way to do, I am trying to improve the performance. I thought of using the element hiding rules being used by adblockplus and implement the same to identify advertisements on a webpage. Let me know what you think of it and if you have suggestions/ idea please let me know.