[Invalid] ABP 2.1b + url-addon-bar = no ABP button

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
pitajax

Re: [Invalid] ABP 2.1b + url-addon-bar = no ABP button

Post by pitajax »

I just wanted to add my very similar experience w/ FireFox 19. I lost the icon completely, not even available anywhere even when in Customize mode. The option to check "show in addonbar" could not be selected. My solution was to Disable every addon except AdBlock Plus, restart Firefox, then finally I could check the "show in addonbar", and it would appear where
it always has been.

Unbelievably while typing this comment - the AdBlock Plus icon just disappeared - even after it had been working for over
an hour. I guess I will do the above steps again to get it back. It seems something is "overwriting" its ID if i had to guess.
Same here!
seethahere

Post by seethahere »

pitajax wrote:
I just wanted to add my very similar experience w/ FireFox 19. I lost the icon completely, not even available anywhere even when in Customize mode. The option to check "show in addonbar" could not be selected. My solution was to Disable every addon except AdBlock Plus, restart Firefox, then finally I could check the "show in addonbar", and it would appear where
it always has been.

Unbelievably while typing this comment - the AdBlock Plus icon just disappeared - even after it had been working for over
an hour. I guess I will do the above steps again to get it back. It seems something is "overwriting" its ID if i had to guess.
Same here!
EXACTLY same with me too.

As i was reading the post above, the ABP icon in the Add-on bar re-appeared suddenly.

I'm guessing its the firefox sync that caused this - the syncing goes on automatically in the background without us being able to notice it and suddenly, when its done syncing, the ABP icon popped back.
Christophoros

Post by Christophoros »

seethahere wrote:
pitajax wrote:
it always has been.

Same here!
EXACTLY same with me too.

As i was reading the post above, the ABP icon in the Add-on bar re-appeared suddenly.

I'm guessing its the firefox sync that caused this - the syncing goes on automatically in the background without us being able to notice it and suddenly, when its done syncing, the ABP icon popped back.
I have the same issue. FF19, AdBlock Plus 2.2.3. After restarting FF icon disappeared. In AdBlock options this feature is disabled and cannot be enabled. If I switched Adblock off and than on I was able to turn on option showing icon but after restarting FF again it disappeared again
Kakihara

Post by Kakihara »

Same issue for me as described above.

Post by guest »

same here, firefox 19.0.2, it was fine before till ff 19
Mark_

Post by Mark_ »

Same here - was fine before FireFox 19 - started failing with FF 19.
JC_Chgo

Post by JC_Chgo »

Having the same problem- no ABP icon in either the Toolbar (next to the forward/back arrows, before it disappeared) and not in the Add-on Bar either. When I try to Customize the toolbars, the ABP icon isn't in the list of things to be added. FF 20.0.1 on Win7 SP1, ABP 2.2.3, updated April 22, 2013, only using default Easylist subscription. I don't know exactly when the icon disappeared, it may have been when the Symantec Vulnerability Protection 11.3.09 - 5 Add-on was (mandatorily) installed, but it could have been before that.
Now when I go into the ABP options, the checkbox for 'show on add-on bar' is there, but you can't check it.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

What if you disable all extensions except ABP?

Post by guest »

Thank you last "guest" poster, your tip worked for me too! Disable all add-ons except Adblock, restart Fx, then go to Add-ons again and I could check "show in Add-on bar" and the icon appeared. 8)