Is Premium a Scam???

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Molongi

Is Premium a Scam???

Post by Molongi »

Purchased the premium option and it worked fine for 24 hours and then reverted.

No email/msg stating what's going on and why this has occurred, hence making me think I just got scammed out of my hard earned.

Anyone else have this happen? And yes, I have reached out to support but all I get is silence, so if there is anyone else that this has happened to I am willing to part fund a litigation case against these folk so that we get our money back.

Cheers

NB: for admin/support staff, this is not the email I registered with, so you won't find me in your customer data.
elisaadblock

Re: Is Premium a Scam???

Post by elisaadblock »

Hi!

Can you please remove and reinstall ABP and the use the steps bellow to redeem the upgrade.

1 - Click on the ABP icon.
2 - Then go to the Adblock Plus Premium enrolment page (click on the Upgrade to Premium button).
3 - Choose your Payment plan.
4 - At the bottom of the enrolment page, select Paid Adblock Plus before?
5 - Enter the case-sensitive email address associated with the purchase or donation.
6 - When you receive the emailed code, enter it in the field provided. If you don't receive the code, be sure to check your spam/junk folder.

If the issue persists, don`t hesitate to reach out to support@adblockplus.org and we would be happy to help!

We do reply to all of our customers emails. Make sure to also check your Spam box, as the message may have ended there :)

Best regards,
Elisa
Adblock Plus Support Team
Molongi

Post by Molongi »

Thank you very much for the precise steps to take to re-enable this.

However, my question is why did this happen in the first place?

Seeing there's nothing about it in your reply I'm guessing you (AdBlock et al) have no idea excepting for the 'workaround'.

Cheers
tmstech

Post by tmstech »

I can't say whether Molongi is right or wrong about there being no effort to figure out what went wrong and find a better answer than "Reinstall", but I can say that if the only step available is the corporate mantra of "Reinstall" then my money was indeed wasted in the same fashion. The custom settings I have are more valuable to me than any benefit I ever saw from Premium before it reverted itself.

(And there's no reason to believe it's peculiar to Chrome rather than to ABP overall. I came here looking for answers about Firefox, because the only answers I can find are "Reinstall", or the error message saying "Send us an email and we'll help" with no clarification [which is grossly implausible unless the only "support" is to send everyone an email saying "Reinstall"].)
jhonsteve1122

Post by jhonsteve1122 »

Hello! hope you are well, I am so sorry to hear this you are facing troubles with the premium AD-Block, the only way that I know to solve this problem is, you need to check the Account payment details and you need to contact the costumer support to seek help from them.
Molongi

Post by Molongi »

jhonsteve1122 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:09 pm Hello! hope you are well, I am so sorry to hear this you are facing troubles with the premium AD-Block, the only way that I know to solve this problem is, you need to check the Account payment details and you need to contact the costumer support to seek help from them.
Absolutely no help at all. Thanks for wasting our time as anyone with a modicum of intelligence WOULD get in contact with customer (NOT costumer - they don't sell clothing) support.
jhonsteve1122

Post by jhonsteve1122 »

Molongi wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:02 am
jhonsteve1122 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:09 pm Hello! hope you are well, I am so sorry to hear this you are facing troubles with the premium AD-Block, the only way that I know to solve this problem is, you need to check the Account payment details and you need to contact the customer support to seek help from them.
Absolutely no help at all. Thanks for wasting our time as anyone with a modicum of intelligence WOULD get in contact with customer (NOT costumer - they don't sell clothing) support.
Sorry for the last, but what happened to you? Can I help you? why are you too angery with me?
Molongi

Post by Molongi »

jhonsteve1122 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:03 pm
Molongi wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:02 am
jhonsteve1122 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:09 pm Hello! hope you are well, I am so sorry to hear this you are facing troubles with the premium AD-Block, the only way that I know to solve this problem is, you need to check the Account payment details and you need to contact the customer support to seek help from them.
Sorry for the last, but what happened to you? Can I help you? why are you too angery with me?
Not 'angery' at all (it's actually 'angry') but just annoyed and peeved off with low intelligence idiots spruiking 'advice' when all they do is 'clutter up' the forum/topics with rubbish replies.

Your 'help' suggestion (which was actually NO help) stated the most obvious steps that anyone with a modicum of intelligence would do. But you seem to need to jump in with your stupid replies just to bolster your post count. Hopefully admins are taking note of your wasting of other peoples time and either ban or block your comments.

Have nice day.
vnatale

Post by vnatale »

I can't believe it's been 8 months since the first message in this thread and nothing has changed. I have the same problem.

This company is seeming more and more like it's in the business of scamming people.