is this a cookie or script issue?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
MikeABP

is this a cookie or script issue?

Post by MikeABP »

so i posted a few weeks ago about a movie site i go to. yes its one f those illegal ones, prob from russia or somewhere in europe. well, today they decided to spring this code on all of us. i realize i am not at all familiar with jscript, but this appears to be a cookie being created. i want someone to verify if that is the case. i am guessing if that is the case, there is NOTHING i can do about it, corrrect? because it will only load the player and play the movie if the cookie is allowed to be set, right? i tried blocking it and it did nothing. here is the code in question, thanks. (these companies and sites are getting smarter every damn day!)

});
function handlePremBuyersPromo() {
"undefined" === typeof limit && (limit = 1);
var f = GetCookie("_premBuyersPlayCount");
null === f && (f = 0);
f++;
SetCookie("_premBuyersPlayCount", f)
}
function handlePlayerErrorMessage() {
var f = document.querySelector(".jw-error-msg") || document.querySelector(".vjs-modal-dialog-content");
null !== f && setTimeout(function() {
f.innerHTML = '<p>Video could not be loaded because an adblocker or ISP block.</p><p></p><p>Before contacting us:</p><p>1. Try with <a href="https://www.microsoft.com/edge" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: underline;">Microsoft Edge Browser</a></p><p>2. Try to use any free VPN, for example: <a href="https://protonvpn.com/download" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: underline;">ProtonVPN.</a>'
}, 10)

the code above basically creates an overlay on top of the player and offers up those errors. i turned off my abp and it did nothing so obviously they are lying through their teeth and its only a ploy to make money by clicking on their stupid HREFR links in question , here is miscrosoft and proton. guessing it cannot be bypassed??
Jenshawn

Re: is this a cookie or script issue?

Post by Jenshawn »

You can't do anything about it. The code makes a cookie that keeps track of how many times a video has been played. If the limit is hit, an error message is shown. This can't be gotten around, because the cookie will be set even if an ad blocker is turned on.
Deary

Re: is this a cookie or script issue?

Post by Deary »

script issue