trying my best to filter these items

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
MikeABP

trying my best to filter these items

Post by MikeABP »

this might be a simple fix or none at all. on a movie site i frequent alot they decided to start hitting me with annoying js ad alerts/etc so here is the EXACT code in question for both

||denute.monster##.fl-wrapper

denute.monster##.notifyjs-prem_notify-base.notifyjs-prem_notify-error

now, both of those filters work great, problem is this site is smart so they like to recycle and randomly use different subs. so one day its denute, the next something else.

what i cannot understand for the life of me is why when i do this ||*.monster##.fl-wrapper, i get an error or it will not even work as a proper filter. would that wildcard not prevent any sub from being created and seen? same with above. nothing. so could someone please tell me how to simply wildcard the above so i can block out any reoccuring random domains created?

my appologies for being javascript clueless. personally i despise the language and consider it the death of the internet the day it was made
borisf98

Re: trying my best to filter these items

Post by borisf98 »

Correct syntax is no wildcard. Just try

monster##.fl-wrapper
MikeABP

Post by MikeABP »

i appreciate the reply to that. ill give it a shot. i thought i had to use a wildcard to supress the many random subdomains they throw out there. maybe you can help me with this last issue

that same page constantly offers up a google captcha that is beyond annoying. the exact code in the view source is here>> google.com/recaptcha/api.js

i have done every single thing i can think of the block this. i even blackholed google itself, nothing! i tried this : google.com/recaptcha/api.js$script ...that did nothing as well also. how in the world can i filter and block this damn annoying captcha script??! ty
MikeABP

Post by MikeABP »

anyone know how i can block this exact address/folder?

https://depealian.monster/threat protection/

??

this is where the google captcha script i mentioned earlier is coming from. tried everything to block that outright and it bypasses everything so i figured i could try and block the address its using