No ICON no MENU

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
jjlnyc

No ICON no MENU

Post by jjlnyc »

Ok, I decided to change from Adblock to ABP. Uninstalled AB, installed ABP, paid them a few bucks on paypal. But there is no ABP icon on my browser, and when I right-click, there is no ABP menu. I am running Chrome "Version 107.0.5304.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)" on Windows 7 (yes, 7). And yes, I enabled the extension in the Chrome extension settings, refreshed, relaunched, all that
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: No ICON no MENU

Post by greiner »

Chrome stopped showing extension icons in the toolbar when installing them. It instead hides them in a new extension menu they added to the toolbar, from where you can "pin" the extension icon to your toolbar. There's more information about this over at https://blog.getadblock.com/the-ad-bloc ... a815068a41 .

Regarding the right-click menu, note that Adblock Plus only shows the "Block element" menu item when right-clicking on media elements (e.g. images), whereas AdBlock shows its menu item when right-clicking anywhere on the page. You can block other elements using the "Block element" button in the Adblock Plus icon popup menu though.