Facebook, poster's name missing from top of post

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
peter p

Facebook, poster's name missing from top of post

Post by peter p »

A week or so ago I suddenly noticed that my Facebook page on my desktop was not showing the posters name at the top of their post.
I am using Chrome as my browser and on Win 10 that is up to date.

If I hovered over the posters profile picture this information was displayed. This was not happening on my phone, laptop or any other devices.

I thought this was a facebook thing or that I had changed my settings accidently. However after some hours of comparing setting between laptop & desktop, all setting were the same.

I then turned my attention to the extensions in use being Malwarebytes browser guard, FB (fluff busting) purity and Adblock Plus.
Turning off the first 2 made no difference but when I turned off Adblock Plus the original posters name, was now showing.

I have done the same turn off things several times and each time the result is the same, with Adblock Plus turned on the original poster's name goes missing from the top of the post.

Also none of the other devices used had Adblock Plus installed.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
bruce55

Re: Facebook, poster's name missing from top of post

Post by bruce55 »

I also have the same problem I don't know why this is happening for about a month I had the same problem but suddenly overnight it repaired itself but now it happened again it can fix if someone knows why let me write it
martin212

Post by martin212 »

I also have the same problem, unfortunately, if anyone knows, I also ask for help in this
Armanderz

Post by Armanderz »

Apparently this problem persists, so no one has been able to find a solution?
vegar63

Post by vegar63 »

It is a pity that nobody managed to fix this problem because I, unfortunately, also have a problem with it, I hope they will fix it someday
elliot15

Post by elliot15 »

AdBlock Plus has a tendency to block certain web containers based on their name. So there's no workaround, only to disable it when using Facebook (essentially, creating an exception rule).